What does a performer in an oral performance installation look like?
They could be someone who:
- is desperate to change the way we think about a particular topic;
- is intellectually and emotionally light on their feet;
- knows their topic intimately – can play with the ideas;
- has a performance burning a hole in the pocket of their soul;
- is willing to challenge boundaries;
- owns the original thoughts and ideas – owns the message;
- has an audience or knowledge of an audience for their message;
- does not currently believe they have an effective platform or voice;
- knows and understands that it won’t be a walk in the park creating an oral performance – emotionally and intellectually;
- works or understands the benefits of working collaboratively and creatively;
- wants to be heard; and
- believes in themselves.
Their desire, as the performer, to get up and say something about their topic (whatever it might be) will be almost all consuming; almost stronger than the desire of their audience to hear it.
If you have something to say and want to say it publicly contact me on +44(0)7795566227 or email@example.com.